Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Birthday Reminder

A few days ago when I woke up I noticed that one of the pages in our calendar had fallen out onto the kitchen counter.  When I picked up the page, I noticed it was the month of October.  Ugh!  Big slap in the face.

As I was sticking the page back into the calendar my hand started to shake and I almost teared up.  Then I looked up and said, "Yes baby boy!  I know you are excited about your birthday coming up."


I know that in Heaven my baby feels no sadness and that makes me happy, but I can't help but feel sadness when I think of all the milestones I have missed during the 10 months of his life in Heaven.

I don't have pictures of his growing teeth, I don't have a video of him saying his first words, and I don't get to smile proudly as I see him take his first steps.  No mother should miss these things, but I've learned that nothing is guaranteed.

Then this morning when I woke up the October page was laying on the counter again.  I knew what my baby was trying to tell me, his birthday wasn't marked on the calendar.  "I won't forget your birthday little man!"  So I took out the pen and write down the most important date.


So, today I learned that Tyler is super excited about turning one.  I know that birthdays in Heaven must be amazing and that isn't even a good word to describe it.  I wish with all my heart that I could be with him on October 6th to kiss and hug on him, but I can't.  I do know that one day I will have that day and there will be no more sadness.

3 comments:

  1. My little one will be celebrating her birthday on October 22nd. I'm gonna imagine them sharing cake together. Hugs to you now and in the upcoming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is surreal. I am from the Philippines and i was searing for some pictures online and stumbled across your site. I initially noticed that both of our sons' names are the same. Tyler. When i saw this post on his birthday, i was amazed. Our little Tyler's birthday is also on October 6 (2006). See our story here http://densandfan.blogspot.com/2011/08/tylers-testimoney-blogged-november-28.html ...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please email me at tiffanylulim@yahoo.com if you want to be in touch. I am just amazed at the parrallel lives our son lived.

    ReplyDelete